It’s Friday, and the beginning of April. I’m writing this while functioning on just a few hours of sleep because our youngest decided sleep was overrated and screaming in bed is a better way to spend the wee hours of the morning. Basically, give me all the coffees and don’t ask me any hard questions today.
Since it’s Friday and I typically share lists of 5 things on Fridays, I wanted to share my go-to beauty products today. Now, I am by no means a beauty blogger, but I like beauty products even though I know very little about most of them in general. I tend to like my makeup simple and classic, so when I find a few things I love, I’m loyal to them and I don’t experiment with others too much. However, I recently started receiving the Ipsy Glam Bag, and that’s caused me to try some new things outside of my makeup comfort zone, which has been a good thing.
My list today includes my staple beauty products. I use most of these nearly every day. I like them because they’re versatile and/or they simplify my life. Since I’m a working mom, I don’t typically have a lot of time in the mornings for a beauty routine, so I like products that help me look fresh and fabulous without a huge time commitment. So, here are my top 5 beauty products I’m loving right now:
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. This lipstick is a nice every day color. I like it for days when I’m working, because it gives me a little color without being overbearing. I like the texture of the almost lipstick, and it’s not glossy while not being matte either. It’s easy to apply, but it’s not particularly long lasting, so expect to reapply after an hour or two.
- Ponds Evening Soothe Wet Cleansing Towelettes. I use these every single day in the morning and evening. These towelettes remove my makeup so easily without drying out my skin. I had used the original Ponds towelettes, but I like these better because my skin doesn’t feel dry after I use them. They’re also great when you’re traveling, because you don’t have to worry about them leaking or exploding in your bag.
- Urban Decay Naked On the Run Palette. So, this palette was a limited edition and it’s no longer available for purchase, which is really sad because I love it so much. It’s my go-to for eyes and cheeks every day, pretty much. It is so handy to have everything in one place and it saves me a lot of time and brain power because I don’t have to pick out various shades, they’re all together for me already. Also, because it’s Urban Decay, the pigments are rich and long lasting.
- Supergoop CC Cream in Fair to Light. I use this CC cream as a light coverage foundation for daily wear to work. The texture is so nice and it applies easily. It also works well underneath a heavier foundation for days when you want a little more coverage. The 35+ SPF in it protects my skin, too, which is nice when you’re pale like me.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo. I discovered this dry shampoo through Kate at The Small Things Blog. She is one of my favorite bloggers, and I love her beauty reviews and hair/makeup tutorials. As I’ve been letting my hair grow long, this dry shampoo has been an irreplaceable part of my daily routine. Since I have super thick hair, it takes a lot of time and effort to wash it. This dry shampoo extends the time between washings by 1-2 days. I’ve used other dry shampoos before, but this is probably the best one I’ve ever tried. It blends well, doesn’t make my hair feel gross (it actually feels clean!), and brings life to my hair even on Day 2 or Day 3 after washing it.
Here are a couple pictures from yesterday, featuring all of the above products:
You can see one of the eyeshadows from the Urban Decay palette, along with the cheek color in this picture. Also, I’m wearing the Clinique Almost Lipstick here as well.
This was Day 2 for my hair, I washed it Tuesday night, curled it Wednesday morning, used the Living Proof dry shampoo Thursday morning and took just a few minutes to freshen up the curl around my face.
Beauty products aren’t my normal content, but I’ve just been loving these items recently so I wanted to share them with my readers. If you’re a working mom like me, you might find one or more of these products helpful in reducing your beauty routine in the mornings.
What are some of your go-to beauty products?